~ Like the ripples in a pond, the work of one man spreads out and touches the lives of others ~

From The Soul of One ~ To The Hearts Of Many
TAYLOR HICKS MY IDOL
Taylor Hicks "The Distance"


Sunday, December 16, 2007

Feel The Magic

Though this poem was orginally written as a tribute to David Soul,
I couldn't help but compare how well it fit the magic that
Taylor Hicks has brought into our lifes!

In a crowded street I did stand, lonely, empty inside, a void.
Waiting for someone, or something to fill my empty heart and soul.

All around me I hear noise, strident sounds that hurt the ears, harsh music that torments the senses.
I cover my ears and run though the streets, pushing through the crowds of blank and empty people …

Yearning to be filled with feelings long past forgotten.
I fall to my knees and drop my hands from my ears, expecting them to burst with the agony from the noise ...

When, softly, faintly, I hear a sweet voice, that touches my sore heart.
I listen … straining to find what way to go ... to search for this tenderness of song.
I pick my self up and begin to stumble forward, becoming surer of foot as the music grows stronger.

I stop at the edge of a beautiful forest, green, fresh, and clean.
I follow the sounds drifting toward me, with eagerness, as if to meet a long lost lover.

The songs fill my empty soul with emotions I thought were dead.
The melodies that were lofting, made nature seem to dance …
As the clouds did smile, and the winds did cry, and trees would caress one with each branch.

I moved into a clearing, where a man sat strumming a guitar …
Singing those wonderful melodies that brought me from so far away.
His eyes twinkled at me as I sat down at his feet.

Before he began to sing again, he softly touched my hair.
And then his voice did fill the wind and all the air around me.
Then my heart and soul did fill to the brim with emotions that were once lost.

My heart did fill with love and hope ... once again I felt at peace, and my soul laughed with joy and cried for all the pain of humanity.

I now felt whole again, thanks to this magical man, whose heart and voice did again bring life into this once empty, lonely, human.





And thanks to the magic of the the worldwide web here is a little musical flashback to enjoy!


music player
I made this music player at MyFlashFetish.com.


David Soul called himself The Covered Man.
He wore a ski mask and asked only to be known for his music.
It was on The Merv Griffin Show that he was spotted by talent scout, Renee Valente who, at the time, was head of a new talent scheme for Columbia Television.

These two men didn't ask for much ....
David asked to be known only for his music ...
and Taylor asked only for a chance to have his voice heard.


I believe in


You have to believe we are magic
Nothin' can stand in our way
You have to believe we are magic
Don't let your aim ever stray
And if all your hopes survive
Your destiny will arrive
I'll bring all your dreams alive
For you

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes mam,,I LOVE THOSE TWO WORDS,,,,BELIEVE AND MAGIC........you are doing such a great job with blog....I AM SO DAMN PROUD OF YOU>>.....

KarinP said...

WOW! I loved the poem. You are right - it does fit Taylor and how he has affected so many hearts with his music.

Loved your picture too!

Very, very well done, Bloom. It gave me the chills as I read through it!

Thanks.

Bloom said...

Thanks girls ... this was actually a repeat from my old blog, but I loved it so much ... I did it again and just added the music to go along with it.
Did you notice Karin that it is a different canvas from the previous blog?

Believe and Magic ... yep Phyllis ... that's what it is all about!