~ Like the ripples in a pond, the work of one man spreads out and touches the lives of others ~

From The Soul of One ~ To The Hearts Of Many
TAYLOR HICKS MY IDOL
Taylor Hicks "The Distance"


Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Saga Continues


caption: Taylor Hicks and Michael Buble ... So Different and Yet

Back in December a discussion began that resulted in a blog topic here titled So Different and Yet.
My friend, and across the border partner, Karin had just watched Michael Buble's interview on The Glen Beck Show and started musing about the many similarities between Michael Buble and Taylor Hicks.

It's a hot topic here at 'The Pond' with an ongoing discussion that you are invited to join!

Just click on So Different and Yet (above) to muse along with us and to enjoy the videos of both Michael's and Taylor's interviews from The Glen Beck Show!

Continuing the saga ...


Award Winning Artists Recognized

photo caption: Taylor Hicks poses with his America's Music Award received at the Alabama Hall of Fame 2008 Induction Ceremony.
Michael Buble poses with his Fan Choice Award received at the 2008 Juno Awards in Calgary.

Reading IS Fundamental

photo caption: Taylor Hicks gets “caught reading” for the “Alabama Gets Caught Reading” Poster Series being distributed throughout the state by the Alabama Center for the Book at Auburn University.


photo caption: Just before Sunday night's JUNO Awards, Michael Buble and his manager Bruce Allen handed a $140,000 donation over to the Canadian Raise-a-Reader literacy program.
The money was raised from ticket sales from Michael's recent cross-Canada tour.

So Different and Yet ....

A new Taylor Hick's video with a great storyline, set to
Michael Buble's "That's Life"

video credit: KarinP

Karin has not only become a topnotch videographer with her montages for Taylor Hicks ... her high-quality video captures of Michael Buble from the 2008 Juno Awards have been receiving Top-Rated honors at You Tube and are linked to the Official Michael Buble site too!!

This is a copy from Karin's You Tube page, taken late yesterday.
I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS KARIN on the 12 honors your Juno Award's video capture received!!!
Way to go my friend and way to go Michael!!!


Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Honors for This Video:
#66 - Most Discussed (Today) - Canada
#12 - Most Discussed (Today) - Entertainment - Canada
#55 - Most Viewed (Today) - Canada
#24 - Most Viewed (Today) - Entertainment - Canada
#16 - Top Favorites (Today) - Canada
#6 - Top Favorites (Today) - Entertainment - Canada
#68 - Top Favorites (This Week) - Entertainment - Canada
#61 - Top Rated (Today) - Canada
#8 - Top Rated (Today) - Entertainment - Canada
#78 - Top Rated (This Week) - Entertainment - Canada


Michael Buble 2008 Fan Choice Award Winner
Juno Awards/"My Everything"
video capture: KarinP



Lastly a big thank you to my friend Darlin' (DidNotExpectThat) for her photo of Taylor I used in depicting So Different And Yet .. fabulous Darlin' ... simply fabulous!!!


Today's cup

"Imagination is the beginning of creation.
You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine,
and at last you create what you will."
~George Bernard Shaw~

Photobucket


8 comments:

RagsQueen said...

When I saw my first Michael Buble concert a few weeks ago, I couldn't help but notice a lot of similarities between Michael & Taylor. Dancing, singing, playing musical instruments, getting the audience up on its feet, and keeping the ladies VERY happy! LOL! Great blog, as usual!

Bloom said...

Mandy I've been watching a lot of Michael Buble's concert videos and
reading the comments, and I would have to agree that he does indeed make the ladies VERY happy!

Of course I've seen and heard first hand how VERY VERY happy Taylor makes the ladies!!

Still hoping to get to a Buble concert, but for me it will always be Taylor Hicks' music that rocks my socks off.

It's been a delight to compare the careers and similarities of these two extremely talented young men, and the bonus is that they are such cutie-pies too :-)

Thanks Mandy for stopping by, it always a pleasure to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

I had never compared the two, so this was very interesting. I had seen the "That's Life" video and Karin did a wonderful job!! (I can't get that song out of my head! LOL)
Karin, congratulations on being "Michael Buble 2008 Fan Choice Award Winner" you deserve it!!
Donna

KarinP said...

Bloom, you are a sweetheart to continue this Saga! I keep hearing in my ears - RATPACK, RATPACK! Mr. Buble is more than capable of putting together a 21st century Ratpack together and if he ever does, I do hope that Taylor is a member of this potentially elite group!

ROFL, Mandy, great observation on Michael keeping the ladies happy and I might add he may joke at the concerts about this, but I do believe he is keeping the ladies' significant others very happy too!

djinkc, actually, while I wish I had been chosen as the Ultimate Fan in the Doritos Fan Choice Award contest to present that award, I just happened to "capture" the magic moment on TV when Michael was given the Fan Choice Juno Award and was the lucky recipient of many people coming to You Tube to find it which resulted in the honours that the video received. Thanks very much for your comments on That's Life. Actually, it is a pretty cool song and something to live by.

Bloom, your Karma quote on the page:

"Imagination is the beginning of creation.
You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine,
and at last you create what you will."
~George Bernard Shaw


I love this quote because it is something that applies to each and
every one of us no matter what we are trying accomplish in our lives.

It kind os reminds me of the thing I try to live by - "thoughts are things" and you know, I really believe that this is true!

Bloom, you are an incredible partner to work with and a treasured friend. Thanks, once again, for your support and your thought provoking blogs!

Paolo Sarangaya said...

When i first hear the voice of Michael buble ' hey this is a different vibe among the rest that i've been hearing' yeah! michael buble songs are amazing especially how he drift his song to the people they drive them nuts.

- Paolo Sarangaya

Bloom said...

Welcome to my 'Pond' Paolo!
I agree Michael has a 'Unique' vibe, but then so does Taylor!

I'm hoping you played some of Taylor's music located in the audio players throughout my blog and that you found the blog topic
Taylor Woos Wows and Whomps Asia.
It chronicles Taylor's 10 day Asian tour with photos, media interviews and videos from his concert appearances as well as his
headlining appearance on Asian Idol 2007.

Thank you Paolo for stopping by, hope that you enjoyed your visit!



You know Karin karma is the only thing served up here except occasionally you'll find sweet tea!
I've enjoyed this topic and it shall continue until our dreams our realized!


Donna you think you can't get "That's Life" out of your head ... have you listened to Michael singing "Feeling Good"??
lol it seems to follow me everywhere ... it is dynamite!
I like your thought that Karin was the Fan Choice winner, though Michael and the Ultimate fan chosen might be a little bent out of shape by it lol

"That's Life" is an awesome song made even more so by Michael Buble, it has a great story line that Karin depicted perfectly for Taylor!

Bloom said...

Karin I just had to tell you I finished my book 'The House in Amalfi' last night (Saturday).
I wanted to share the very last lines of the book with you ... I'm sure you'll appreciate it :-)

But as my best friend Jammy says, that's life baby. You never know what it's going to throw at you

hmm what say you girl ... both Italy and That's Life ??


Oh and I just thought of another connection ... Taylor's(Saturday) jam session with George Porter ... and the character Jammy in my book ... lol weird

KarinP said...

Bloom, now this is really cool! First of all, I had to laugh at the last line.

Most people might just let this pass by without a second thought but you are not letting the seemingly "coincidences" pass you by.

My goodness, I do believe that there definitely is a master plan at work here - no coincidences.

This is really awesome and reassurance to me that we are on the right road!

Thanks very much for letting me
know. You keep those eyes open and let's see what else transpires on this adventure!