~ Like the ripples in a pond, the work of one man spreads out and touches the lives of others ~

From The Soul of One ~ To The Hearts Of Many
TAYLOR HICKS MY IDOL
Taylor Hicks "The Distance"


Sunday, October 19, 2008

This Candy IS Dandy!


Taylor Hicks Is The Candy Man!
Sweet Sugar




I thought I'd do a special blog for Halloween centered around my favorite part - treats!
I'm giving out virtual candy treats this year!

The first treat is the delicious canvas of Taylor Hicks, portrayed as the candy man, that I created for the beginning of the blog - click on it for the full effect!

The second treat is this fabulous video that was created almost a year ago and I just found the other day. Don't know how I missed it, but it is titled simply Taylor Hicks. I had no idea when I clicked on it what a wonderful treat I had in store.


video: by ELVISEXPERT2006
(Thank you Kaicee!)


I just simply sat at my computer with a big smile on my face, and I'd like to give a big thank you to the young lady who created this video, because she made my day!

Is there is a big smile on your face too, are you singing "I want candy"?

Now that we are all on a sugar high, we won't need any Karma coffee to get our motor's running, Taylor took care of that! So today I'll finish with a few fun-filled facts about some of the most popular Halloween goodies!

Yum, it's that great of time of year where bags, sacks, buckets and bowls of yummy candy are seemingly everywhere. I am a chocoholic and my favorite treat is M&M Peanuts. My statistics prove they are totally nutritious and there's no tell-tale messy evidence, well except for all of the empty bags :-)


Halloween Candy Fun Facts
By Jeanne Benedict

Are you a Snickers bar fan or do you crave M&M’s? One quarter of all the candy sold annually is for Halloween night. Here are some fun facts to make the holiday even sweeter!

Candy Corn
Candy corn was invented in the 1880s by George Renninger of the Wunderlee Candy and is produced today by the Jelly Belly Candy Company.
October 30th is National Candy Corn Day.
An estimated 35 million pounds of candy corn, that’s 9 billion pieces, will be produced this year.

M&M’s
M&M’s were introduced to American GIs during WWII in 1941.
M&M’s were originally sold in a tube and then packaged in their famed little brown bag in 1948.
In 1950, the first “M” was imprinted in black on the candy giving the morsels their signature style.

Snickers and Favorite Candy Bars
Snickers bars have topped the charts for years as the #1 Halloween candy bar.
Parents favorite treats to sneak from their kids’ trick-or-treat bags are snack-size chocolate bars (70% sneak these)!
Other favorite candy bars to look for in trick-or-treat bags are Nestlé Crunch, Milky Way, Three Musketeers, and Almond Joy.

HERSHEY’S KISSES
HERSHEY'S KISSES hit the scene in 1907 and have been on candy shelves ever since with a brief interruption from 1942 to 1949 due to the rationing of silver foil during WWII.
A popular belief is that the “KISS” got its name from the sound or motion that the machine makes while producing them.
76% percent of households will include bite-size chocolate candies in their Halloween activities and 26% percent will go for full-size candy (chocolate and non-chocolate).

We have to give a shout out to Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Tootsie Rolls & Pops, Smarties, and Charms Blow Pops, which will also fill the bags of the 93% of children who will go trick-or-treating this year.

A special thanks to the National Confectioners Association for some of the facts in the article! Check them out at CandyUSA



Have a safe and fun-filled Halloween!
Bloom

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes to Snickers, my all time favorite candy bar; especially frozen.

Yes to Hershey Kisses, because I could smell the aroma of chocolate whenever I got near the town of Hershey, Pa. during the many years I lived nearby.

No to Candy Corn........ just didn't quite like the taste , but they were a must have at Halloween.

Yes to Taylor Hicks at any time of the year !!!!!


cath

caryl said...

Great video! perfect choice for halloween, too.

KarinP said...

Amazing how quickly Hallowe'en has suddenly appeared on our calendars, Bloom!

I love Candy Corn - surely there is something in it that is good for our health.

Enjoyed the video and the original "Candy Man".

Thanks, Bloom!

Bloom said...

Ladies I'm glad you enjoyed the sweet treat, I know I always enjoy revisiting all of the wonderful moments Taylor has given us.

Cath I have some great memories of Hershey Amusement Park. I grew up with the smell of Wonder bread nearby. Both delicious smells.

Now candy corn is something I think you either love or hate and I fall into the 2nd category.
Doesn't it hurt your teeth Karin?

Caryl nice to see you, thanks for leaving a comment!

Anonymous said...

My, my Candy is Dandy!! Loved the photo!
(I admit, I steal all the Almond Joy from my sons Treat bag! LOL)

Bloom said...

Hey Donna, good to hear from you!
You must have great will power girl to only swipe the Almond Joys. When it comes to the bite sized bars of chocolate - I eat even the ones I don't really like, lol they just keep calling my name.

Anonymous said...

lol,so nice